Thursday, June 30, 2011

May21 Project: Day 40

May21 Project: Day 40 -- June 29, 2011.

Wow, I guess God still has it in for all of us that got left behind. We have not been able to get a lot of information, no power, no radio, no internet for the last 2 days. I finally was able to get on line using a dial up modem and calling up to a number in Seattle. I suspect that everyone must have felt it.

Apparently the asteroid that was supposed to be a near miss, hit. The asteroid was discovered by the LINEAR near-Earth object discovery team in Socorro, New Mexico, just last week. From what I have been able to figure out, it must have hit somewhere in the Kentucky, but flattened everything for about 250 miles, and still have shock waves that were still at about 8.5 at 500 miles. Windows were breaking in New York, Cleveland, Chicago and Atlanta.

We still don’t know how bad it really was, but we are hearing about fires raging in cities 300-400 miles away. Hopefully we will get more information soon.

I even felt it here in California… Crazy. As you can imagine the power grid across the country has been disrupted. I’m going to look into setting up some type of solar charging system. I have two 8 watt pads I’ll have to report on how that works out.

Folks, hope your power is back on soon. Another Asteroid is due to buzz the Earth on November 8 this year.

Stay safe every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment